Wilde Westen organises an annual Curating Lab in January, where young creators and curators engage with speakers and programmers around the theme of diversity and inclusion within music programming.
In panel discussions, active workshops and lectures, inclusion and diversity in the music sector are questioned, and considered from the perspective of people who are actively working on it every day from their own artistic practice
The 2-day programme includes workshops and talks by:
- Kyoko Scholiers, theatre maker
- Heloisa Amaral, artistic director of Ultima Oslo
- Mijke Harmsen, member of the artistic team of Schouwburg Kortrijk -programme manager dance, theatre, NEXT festival
- Amin Srasra, member of the artistic team of Schouwburg Kortrijk – focusing on participation & emerging talent
- Luc Vandierendonck, director of Wit.h vzw, bringing along an artist of their organisation
- Robbe Kieckens, a percussionist who will provide a practical workshop on cultural appropriation within Western and non-Western music scenes
It promises to be a fascinating two-day event, in which difficult subjects will not be avoided and participants will be invited to step far outside their artistic comfort zone!